Follow me on Twitter
- Is Nutanix virtual networking really a VMware copycat?
- Is Nutanix a VMware copycat?
- The rise of native virtualization
- Thoughts on Nutanix’s New Customer Success Division
- When good enough isn’t
- Is new competition the cure for healthcare IT inefficiency?
- Financial risks of public cloud
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
Tag Archives: vmware vs microsoft
The premise that VMware is stuck in the virtualization past is nonsensical, but Microsoft may be striving for “cool” rather than reason. Perhaps the folks in Redmond are still smarting from the famous “I’m a Mac” campaign and consider VMlimited as their opportunity to play the hip underdog role this time around.
The latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for x86 Server Virtualization Infrastructure includes Microsoft in the leader quadrant, albeit well west and south of VMware which moved still further to the upper right, but analysts again are speculating that VMware’s dominance may be vulnerable.