Follow me on Twitter
- Is Nutanix virtual networking really a VMware copycat?
- Is Nutanix a VMware copycat?
- The rise of native virtualization
- Thoughts on Nutanix’s New Customer Success Division
- When good enough isn’t
- Is new competition the cure for healthcare IT inefficiency?
- Financial risks of public cloud
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
Tag Archives: VDI vs Citrix
A financial services firm recently requested an ROI comparison for migrating its physical desktops to either virtual desktops or to an enterprise Server-Based Computing environment. The required investment and the 5-year Internal Rate of Return (IRR) for was nearly identical for the two scenarios, but the VDI option had a slightly higher ROI along with a shorter payback period required to cover the initial investment.