Follow me on Twitter
- Tim Crawford on Digital Transformation
- Hugging customers, not the stack
- Buy less Nutanix!
- Steve Wenban, VCDX #123, is the 19th VCDX to join Nutanix
- Hyperconverge Your IT Staff
- 11 Reasons why Nutanix is the Best All-Flash Platform
- Pure CEO disses Nutanix. OK, let’s compare numbers
- My panel at Nutanix .NEXT Vienna: Making Your Case with ROI
- Reducing Oracle Licensing Cost on Nutanix
- Personal Reflections on the Nutanix IPO
Tag Archives: VCE
I was very surprised to learn that HP now has thousands of Matrix customers. Even in the presumably unlikely case that none have more than one unit, this means there are a whole lot of Matrix sales going on. I called several HP partners to get their perspectives. Most are not selling many, if any, of the BladeSystem Matrix. One who does appear to be having quite a bit of success with the product still would have guessed that Matrix customers might be in the hundreds, but not the thousands.
When Vblocks were first announced, It seemed unlikely that the different IT functional groups would agree to purchase a single solution set from Cisco, EMC and VMware. The typically dissimilar purchasing and depreciation cycles of the various VCE components would further amplify the resistence. Surprisingly, customer demand for Vblock appears robust. On the other hand, some unanticipated challenges are impacting the manufacturer side of the selling equation.