Follow me on Twitter
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
- TCO: Pure Storage vs. Nutanix Enterprise Cloud
- Nick Bowie, VCDX #202, is the 20th VCDX to join Nutanix
- The only thing converged in “converged infrastructure” is the purchase order
- Tim Crawford on Digital Transformation
- Hugging customers, not the stack
- Buy less Nutanix!
- Steve Wenban, VCDX #123, is the 19th VCDX to join Nutanix
Tag Archives: vBlock
In The Register last week, a VCE spokesperson said that comparing Nutanix to Vblock is like comparing a glove box in one vehicle to an entire car. A more applicable, albeit fictional, automobile analogy would be to contrast an inexpensive Tesla … Continue reading
Converged infrastructure is hot! In September alone, Cisco purchased Whiptail to “accelerate Cisco …momentum in converged infrastructure,” VMware announced VSAN, VCE unveiled “true” converged infrastructure, and Nutanix won Best of VMworld – Gold for the 3rd year in a row. … Continue reading
I’ve visited a few large organizations where the server, network and storage functional groups had, for the most part, never even met. I’ve been been to many others where the different groups knew each other, but didn’t get along. Virtualization blurs the the former crisp lines of functional demarcation, rendering this stovetype model of IT specialization obsolete. Adoption of hybrid cloud environments brings additional pressures for change.