Follow me on Twitter
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
- TCO: Pure Storage vs. Nutanix Enterprise Cloud
- Nick Bowie, VCDX #202, is the 20th VCDX to join Nutanix
- The only thing converged in “converged infrastructure” is the purchase order
- Tim Crawford on Digital Transformation
- Hugging customers, not the stack
- Buy less Nutanix!
- Steve Wenban, VCDX #123, is the 19th VCDX to join Nutanix
Tag Archives: SDN
A private cloud is built upon a virtualized network, along with storage and compute, resources. Many virtual networks are overlaid on top of the shared physical network, logically separating tenants on the shared resources. The physical network does not have visibility to the topology of the overlays, while the network overlays must introduce virtualization-awareness or intelligence to allow for the added complexities of VM-mobility, dynamic resource allocation and virtual services. The Cisco Nexus 1000V has evolved to become the foundation for a cloud networking stack that mitigates these barriers while integrating both physical and virtual networking resources.