Follow me on Twitter
- Thoughts on Nutanix’s New Customer Success Division
- When good enough isn’t
- Is new competition the cure for healthcare IT inefficiency?
- Financial risks of public cloud
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
- TCO: Pure Storage vs. Nutanix Enterprise Cloud
- Nick Bowie, VCDX #202, is the 20th VCDX to join Nutanix
- The only thing converged in “converged infrastructure” is the purchase order
Tag Archives: netapp
This past Friday, May 31 marks the date when three datacenter players all simultaneously and coincidentally drew separate lines in the sand in terms of defining the future of enterprise storage. Hitachi Data Systems (HDS), Nutanix and NetApp each published … Continue reading
As beneficial as software backup products can be, they have a disadvantage when competing against array manufacturer products such as NetApp’s SMVI that are specifically designed for backing up virtual infrastructure.
The primary challenge faced by software backup solutions is their inability to offload impact from hosts, a capability that becomes imperative as VM consolidation ratios increase