Follow me on Twitter
- Is Nutanix virtual networking really a VMware copycat?
- Is Nutanix a VMware copycat?
- The rise of native virtualization
- Thoughts on Nutanix’s New Customer Success Division
- When good enough isn’t
- Is new competition the cure for healthcare IT inefficiency?
- Financial risks of public cloud
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
Tag Archives: Gartner
With all of the buzz around VDI for so many years, it’s reasonable to assume VDI owns a good chunk of the corporate desktop market. But Gartner says it only has 4.9% share, with storage as the primary bottleneck. A … Continue reading
Gunnar Berger, Citrix CTO Desktop & Applications Group, tweeted yesterday in response to Nutanix’s announcement that it hit a $200M annual run rate. In his typical witty way, he lamented how quickly companies grow up. While becoming a grown-up company … Continue reading
The latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for x86 Server Virtualization Infrastructure includes Microsoft in the leader quadrant, albeit well west and south of VMware which moved still further to the upper right, but analysts again are speculating that VMware’s dominance may be vulnerable.