Follow me on Twitter
- The rise of native virtualization
- Thoughts on Nutanix’s New Customer Success Division
- When good enough isn’t
- Is new competition the cure for healthcare IT inefficiency?
- Financial risks of public cloud
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
- TCO: Pure Storage vs. Nutanix Enterprise Cloud
- Nick Bowie, VCDX #202, is the 20th VCDX to join Nutanix
Tag Archives: daas
While cloud computing has garnered exceptional mindshare – even outside of IT, most organizations are unprepared to adopt it on an enterprise scale. They first must overcome technology, organizational and process hurdles.
IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) as a concept is well defined with lots of players and products in the space such as VMware vCloud Director, Cisco Intelligent Automation, CA AppLogic, VCE Vblock, etc. Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS), on the other hand, tends to invoke thoughts of a cloud provider offering hosted Windows desktops. But when approached as a subset of ITaaS, DaaS enables greater synergy, efficiency and agility.