Follow me on Twitter
- Tim Crawford on Digital Transformation
- Hugging customers, not the stack
- Buy less Nutanix!
- Steve Wenban, VCDX #123, is the 19th VCDX to join Nutanix
- Hyperconverge Your IT Staff
- 11 Reasons why Nutanix is the Best All-Flash Platform
- Pure CEO disses Nutanix. OK, let’s compare numbers
- My panel at Nutanix .NEXT Vienna: Making Your Case with ROI
- Reducing Oracle Licensing Cost on Nutanix
- Personal Reflections on the Nutanix IPO
Tag Archives: cloud
VMware’s vCloud Suite promotion is a brilliant move in the chess game of market share. It potentially puts the foundational products for VMware’s cloud strategy into hundreds of thousands of customer environments while offering them both a vision and tangible path for transformation to software-defined datacenters.
Trusted advisor status, the ultimate goal for any CIO, results from standing at the confluence of organization process knowledge, master data management, and vendor relationships. Properly used, this vantage point, really this aggregation of information, uniquely positions the CIO to drive business value.
The premise that VMware is stuck in the virtualization past is nonsensical, but Microsoft may be striving for “cool” rather than reason. Perhaps the folks in Redmond are still smarting from the famous “I’m a Mac” campaign and consider VMlimited as their opportunity to play the hip underdog role this time around.