Follow me on Twitter
- Is new competition the cure for healthcare IT inefficiency?
- Financial risks of public cloud
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
- TCO: Pure Storage vs. Nutanix Enterprise Cloud
- Nick Bowie, VCDX #202, is the 20th VCDX to join Nutanix
- The only thing converged in “converged infrastructure” is the purchase order
- Tim Crawford on Digital Transformation
- Hugging customers, not the stack
Tag Archives: cloud computing
VMware’s vCloud Suite promotion is a brilliant move in the chess game of market share. It potentially puts the foundational products for VMware’s cloud strategy into hundreds of thousands of customer environments while offering them both a vision and tangible path for transformation to software-defined datacenters.
Virtual desktops (vDTs) are not typically perceived as harbingers of Cloud Computing. For one thing, Microsoft makes it challenging for Cloud providers to host them. And cloud computing frameworks generally do not include virtual desktops – even VMware vCloud Director lacks integration with VMware View. Nonetheless, virtual desktop deployments are increasingly acting as gateways to cloud computing.