Follow me on Twitter
- The rise of native virtualization
- Thoughts on Nutanix’s New Customer Success Division
- When good enough isn’t
- Is new competition the cure for healthcare IT inefficiency?
- Financial risks of public cloud
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
- TCO: Pure Storage vs. Nutanix Enterprise Cloud
- Nick Bowie, VCDX #202, is the 20th VCDX to join Nutanix
Do you remember NetApp’s first foray into HCI, the NetApp Integrated VMware EVO:Rail Solution? It was a long name for a short-lived product. NetApp is once again seeking to make a hyperconverged splash. It just started shipping its own offering, NetApp ...
Thomas Brown recently joined Nutanix as a Senior Systems Engineer working out of Nutanix’s brand new Durham offices in the Raleigh/Durham area. In his (relatively) short IT career, Thomas has worked on the customer side, partner side and manufacturer side of the business. “I got into the IT business through internships,” Thomas explained. “When working at a pharmaceutical company, I saw the value that virtualization brought to the business. I decided to focus on virtualization as a career move. After joining Va ...
Disclaimer: This blog is personal and reflects the opinions of the author, not necessarily those of Nutanix. It has not been reviewed nor approved by Nutanix. A lot of back and forth tweets have taken place between a few Nutanix folks (including yours truly) and @deepStorageNet which I regret. The first bullets were fired via a DeepStorage Technology report (commissioned by Pure Storage), Exploring the True Cost of Converged vs. Hyperconverged Infrastructure: FlashStack delivers all flash performance at a cost below that of Nutanix Hybrid HCI. I feel I should have responded privately rather than in an emotional tweetstorm. I first met H ...