Follow me on Twitter
- Is Nutanix virtual networking really a VMware copycat?
- Is Nutanix a VMware copycat?
- The rise of native virtualization
- Thoughts on Nutanix’s New Customer Success Division
- When good enough isn’t
- Is new competition the cure for healthcare IT inefficiency?
- Financial risks of public cloud
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
Category Archives: UCS
CRN’s Joe Kovar published an article today about Seagate’s EVault cloud storage business joining OpenStack. That reminded me of a story… 1998 In 1998, I ran a solutions provider business out of Benicia, California that was just beginning to focus … Continue reading
Traditional data centers tend to be segregated into functional silos – a model that has endured in the physical world largely because of the crisp lines of demarcation. Virtualization is shaking up the status quo and increasing demand for more efficient IT processes. Cisco’s UCS helps automate and streamline the stovepipe model by unifying network, storage and servers with virtualization. It also provides an opportunity for IT organizations to begin chipping away at those silo walls.