Follow me on Twitter
- Is Nutanix virtual networking really a VMware copycat?
- Is Nutanix a VMware copycat?
- The rise of native virtualization
- Thoughts on Nutanix’s New Customer Success Division
- When good enough isn’t
- Is new competition the cure for healthcare IT inefficiency?
- Financial risks of public cloud
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
Category Archives: Business Observations
Although it’s undergone transformations in recent years, the datacenter remains inelegant and unwieldy. For an industry that advocates for agility and efficiency, the traditional datacenter seems archaic. IT staffs operating on-premises datacenters need to take some lessons from the datacenter’s … Continue reading
CRN’s Joe Kovar published an article today about Seagate’s EVault cloud storage business joining OpenStack. That reminded me of a story… 1998 In 1998, I ran a solutions provider business out of Benicia, California that was just beginning to focus … Continue reading
The sign made it clear that the massive display of 16 Cisco UCS systems at the entrance to Moscone Center was not just “blinking lights”, but powering VMworld. That made me think about how Barton Watson, CEO of the CyberNET Group, used racks of mostly fake servers with blinking lights to trick several banks into lending him $120M.