Follow me on Twitter
- Is Nutanix a VMware copycat?
- The rise of native virtualization
- Thoughts on Nutanix’s New Customer Success Division
- When good enough isn’t
- Is new competition the cure for healthcare IT inefficiency?
- Financial risks of public cloud
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
- TCO: Pure Storage vs. Nutanix Enterprise Cloud
Author Archives: Steve Kaplan@ROIdude
While Microsoft, OpenStack and CloudStack will all continue to gain customers, it will be VMware’s vCloud Suite vs. Cisco’s IAC + Cloupia (now CUIC: Cisco Unified Infrastructure Controller) as the two dominant platform choices for private clouds.
Pano Logic utilized its own connection broker which was fine in the early days, but which met huge resistance once VMware View started utilizing PCoIP. VMware reps began to perceive Panos as competition even though the devices required VMware ESX on the back end. But the loss of VMware field support negatively impacted the company’s momentum.