Follow me on Twitter
- Thoughts on Nutanix’s New Customer Success Division
- When good enough isn’t
- Is new competition the cure for healthcare IT inefficiency?
- Financial risks of public cloud
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
- TCO: Pure Storage vs. Nutanix Enterprise Cloud
- Nick Bowie, VCDX #202, is the 20th VCDX to join Nutanix
- The only thing converged in “converged infrastructure” is the purchase order
[caption id="attachment_1247" align="aligncenter" width="163"] Google Images[/caption] Most organizations deploy Nutanix either to facilitate individual use cases or as a strategic platform. The strategic approach more quickly moves IT out of legacy infrastructure and better positions IT to achieve business objectives such as digital transformation. But successful strategic deployments require much planning, preparation and thoughtful execution. Nutanix initiated the Customer Success division to assist customers with strategic migra ...
“We’re throwing HCI out and going back to 3-tier.” These words came as a bit of a shock. I had provided an analysis for a healthcare organization comparing the TCO of refreshing their legacy 3-tier architecture versus moving to an enterprise cloud. They liked the compelling value proposition of Nutanix, but their long-time datacenter vendor seduced them with a ridiculously low cost for its own HCI solution. After months of instability, they’d had enough and were now evaluating whi ...
I was speaking with the head of procurement for a large healthcare facility last month who lamented the $1M+ they spend annually on just pager service and fax machine lines. Never mind the 500 physical servers and all the SANs IT still supports. But bureaucracy and politics consistently undermine his efforts to eliminate anachronistic waste. The regulations and complexity surrounding healthcare, especially in the U.S., provide a barrier to entry making it largely impervious to the demand for technological efficiency that is reshaping most industries. The