Follow me on Twitter
- AWS KVM adoption and Nutanix AHV
- Welcome NetApp to HCI(ish)
- Thomas Brown, VCDX #187, is the 21st VCDX to join Nutanix
- TCO: Pure Storage vs. Nutanix Enterprise Cloud
- Nick Bowie, VCDX #202, is the 20th VCDX to join Nutanix
- The only thing converged in “converged infrastructure” is the purchase order
- Tim Crawford on Digital Transformation
- Hugging customers, not the stack
- Buy less Nutanix!
- Steve Wenban, VCDX #123, is the 19th VCDX to join Nutanix
Nutanix, which strives to bring the best of public cloud to the on-prem data center, has long incorporated AWS innovations as part of its enterprise cloud strategy. Nutanix diverged from the public cloud leader, though, in hypervisor selection and launched its own customized KVM hypervisor, AHV, almost two and a half years ago. AWS recent ...
Do you remember NetApp’s first foray into HCI, the NetApp Integrated VMware EVO:Rail Solution? It was a long name for a short-lived product. NetApp is once again seeking to make a hyperconverged splash. It just started shipping its own offering, NetApp ...
Thomas Brown recently joined Nutanix as a Senior Systems Engineer working out of Nutanix’s brand new Durham offices in the Raleigh/Durham area. In his (relatively) short IT career, Thomas has worked on the customer side, partner side and manufacturer side of the business. “I got into the IT business through internships,” Thomas explained. “When working at a pharmaceutical company, I saw the value that virtualization brought to the business. I decided to focus on virtualization as a career move. After joining Va ...